Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Hello Macau!



Pic 1: One of the street in Macau
Pic 2: The famous Wynn Hotel (view from our HQ's window)



Here I am: Macau. A small city in between Hong Kong & Mainland China. Wonder why they called Macau-"The Las Vegas of Asia"? Well, I guess most of you know why.



Anyway, although I been to Macau some 10 years ago, this time round, Macau is different, more development of course. Compare to Hong Kong, it is much more lay back & slower pace, I feel it is very much like KK!



I like the food here.



Because of limited land here, most of the people stay in apartments here (like in Singapore & Hong Kong), and it is very small & expansive, well, at least the one I am staying is..... unless you can afford a bigger one!



There is no such thing as mega shopping mall here (hmmm, good, can save some money, hehe), Macau people go to Hong Kong (30 minutes ferry) or China (you can just walk across to China, it's that near!) for shopping. From what I know, they prefer China than Hong Kong, it's much cheaper & nearer I guess..... most of the people I know here goes to China whenever they are free, for whatever, it's like Londoner going to Oxford Street! So, I was advised to get an unlimited entry visitor visa (Malaysian need visa to visit China), otherwise I will miss out a lot of outing with the locals!



Ok, that's it for today, hopefully I will come back here & write more about Macau.



God bless you.

No comments: