Sunday, July 6, 2008

Easy Evening





I took an easy evening walk around the central the other day and took some shots.

hmmm... please don't ask me the street name, they are either in Portuguese or in Chinese. I would not make a point to remember the Portuguese's name (aka can't remember them anyway!), and I do not know how to type the Chinese character here. So I can only tell you the last picture is the famaous "Casino Lisboa".

You see, Macau was under Portugal's colony before China took back in 1999. Those days Portuguese was the official language & even though it was the official language, but not many locals learn Portuguese at school....... funny?? I was told that only those who knows Portuguese can work in government sectors.

And some of the historic building is very Portuguese (very much like the history of Melacca!)

Sometimes I'll get to meet some Portuguese descendents here, mostly already mix blood with Chinese.... and they are surely good looking!! haha...

No comments: